About M. R. Williams, Inc.
M. R. Williams, Inc. is a family-owned business where convenience distribution is done differently. Established in 1976, M. R. Williams, Inc. has evolved throughout the years, partnering with the convenience store channel to provide not only products and customer service but technological solutions unlike any other. Our employees understand their purpose is to make every decision by first asking how it will impact the customer. We take pride in understanding our customer’s needs while providing solutions through our selfless service and our continuous search for improvements. We are excited to find added talent that believes in our customers like we do.
About the Role
We are looking for a sharp, ambitious, and enthusiastic candidate with the ability and desire to work in a fast-paced, challenging environment. We understand that flexibility, having fun, and being receptive to new ideas create a work atmosphere that fosters innovation, well-being, and growth. The Purchasing Administrative role is an entry-level position with the opportunity to develop into a leader within the purchasing department and within M. R. Williams.
• High energy and enthusiasm, with a strong commitment to exceeding customer expectations
• Flexibility and openness to work on a variety of assignments
• Ability to learn quickly, make an immediate impact, and provide value-added service to our customers, suppliers, and internal teams.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills, displaying the ability to connect and build relationships with customers, suppliers, peers, and company leadership
• Team player with a strong desire to be an active, long-term participant in the growth of the company.
• Self-starter who is not afraid to take responsibility
• Ability to work efficiently and effectively with others on projects or towards a common goal
• Ability to recognize problems and determine and propose effective solutions
• Demonstrate dependability, responsibility, and consistency in job performance.
• Strong organizational skills
• Focus on details with a commitment to strong follow-up.
• Assist Category Manager in administrative needs for specific suppliers/product categories.
• Assist with product setup, pricing, reports, and vendor setup.
• Ensure order confirmations have the correct information and report discrepancies to the Category Manager.
• Maintain all vendor documentation.
• Manage special projects identified by the Category Manager or Management Team.
• Gain specific product knowledge across various categories.
• Interact with cross-functional teams to create solutions to challenges.
• Proficient in Microsoft 365 software
• High School Diploma, Associates Degree
Why M. R. Williams?
Do you love a small, family-oriented atmosphere? We are all a big family that depends on one another to get the job done. No one can do it alone, and each person is essential. From the janitor to the executive, each role’s performance is vital, and everyone pitches in. Like the saying goes, “when times get tough, the tough get going.” We would love to add you to our team! Apply today.